Moorhen Trout Fishery
Moorhen Trout Fishery is set in the beautiful and tranquil surroundings of the renowned Meon Valley in Hampshire. Within the new South Downs National Park, we are situated in the picturesque village of Warnford on the A32 and within easy reach of Winchester, Portsmouth and Southampton.
Under new family ownership since October 2007, we hope to encourage new (and old!) anglers to enjoy this wonderful environment with us. The 3 acre lake is fed by natural springs and is adjacent to the River Meon. Regularly re-stocked, the crystal clear water is full of lively and healthy rainbow trout ranging from 2lbs into double figures. With generous stock, strategically placed swims, mown lawns and views across open countryside Moorhen Trout Fishery is guaranteed to provide an excellent days fly fishing in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Easily accessible car parking, a recently modernised lodge, fly fishing shop, toilet facilities and the opportunity to purchase light refreshments are available on site in the hope of making your day with us more enjoyable.
In future we hope to build on the natural strengths of Moorhen to become one of the most appealing and attractive places to fly fish in England.
- £44 (4 Fish), £39 (3 Fish), £29 (2 Fish), £19 (1 Fish). Rod, net and priest hire for £12 a session [more]
- Rainbow trout - 2lbs into double figures
FLIES & TACKLE
- Large selection of tackle to purchase from the lodge including 100's of quality flies, Snowbee fly lines and Veniards fly tying materials
GREYS TACKLE SHOP
- Moorhen has an on-site shop and web-based Greys shop selling a massive range of quality products including rods, reels and clothing. To use our web facility and buy online, please access the tackle shop [here] or use the left hand menu items to find a specific product
FRESH TABLE TROUT
- Fresh quality table trout is available to buy. For a more efficient service it would be helpful to pre-book your order by calling 01730 829460, preferably a day in advance
- Our smoked trout will be available shortly
- If you are looking for a special gift we can provide Gift Vouchers from £19! [more]
Select & buy your gift vouchers:
FREE postage & packing on UK deliveries when ordered on-line!
(other locations please contact us for p&p prices)
Warnford is an attractive village situated in the renowned Meon Valley and the fishery is a short distance to the North, in open countryside. Petersfield, Alton and Winchester are all close to hand.
Moorhen Trout Fishery
Hampshire, SO32 3LB
We are open all year round with the exception of the scheduled closures. All fishing begins at 8:30am until just before dark or 7pm (whichever comes earliest).
In extreme weather conditions it is advisable to ring first to avoid any wasted journeys!